Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ginseng Up Natural Energy Review



The tagline for Ginseng Up is "The Root of All Power." Obviously, this plays to two markets, hitting both the energy drink fans out there and those seeking all natural products attracted to the natural root aspect. Firstly we have to look at Ginseng itself. Ginseng is a very popular supplement which is found in many energy drinks and sports supplements because of its energy production. Also, Ginseng is believed to have many overall health benefits. As a supplement, it can be found in pill forms, drink mixes and teas.
The product we're looking at today is more like a natural Ginseng soda which makes it a lot different from other products on the market. It is sold in 12 oz glass bottles and comes in 13 flavors including Original, Grape, Pineapple, Cola and others. As far as taste, I can only testify to Original and grape, as they are the only one's I've tried. The taste however, is very good in both. The drinks are sweetened with natural cane sugar; there's no high fructose corn syrup here. I also like that the Grape version has 28 percent real grape juice. That's significantly more than some "Grape juice Cocktails" commercially sold.



In terms of nutrition facts, Ginseng Up is comparable to other sodas in that it has a lot of sugar and calories. This is not a low-carb, low-cal health drink, but it does have good things in it while leaving out some of the preservatives in other beverages. The grape variety provides 30 percent daily value of vitamin C, 37 grams of sugar, and 150 calories. Original flavor is about the same but ten calories less, fewer carbs and more Vitamin C. Now, for effectiveness, I give Ginseng Up a high score! In my experience, The energy production seems to be stronger for me than with energy drinks while not making me jittery or anxious. It seems to be a clean good feeling energy. This of course could be the result of my body not being used to real sugar, or even an example of a placebo effect. All I can say for sure is it seems to work well for me.
The price at my local Health Food Store is $1.99 a bottle which is about the same as many energy drinks, and a lot less than a few of them. The ingredients are great, and the energy boost is notable. Overall, I have to say Ginseng Up is a really great product!\





No comments:

Post a Comment