Monday, August 9, 2010

Taco Bell's Cantina Taco Review

The Taco Bell Cantina Taco review could be the shortest product review I've written. I could sum up the Cantina Taco experience with one short sentence: "They Suck." I will however attempt to give a somewhat more insightful review. Recently Taco bell unleashed these bad ideas in three different varieties: chicken, beef, and pig parts that weren't good enough to become hot dogs.

What makes these "Cantina Tacos" different from regular tacos, aside from the fact that they are awful, is that they are made with "fresh grilled" soft corn tortillas. These kind of tortillas are tricky in cooking as they tend to break and fall apart when you don't want them to. Apparently the fine folks at Taco Bell were not up to the challenge of preparing this food. The inside of the Cantina Taco is actually pretty good, the outside, however, reminds me quite a bit of undercooked potato disks in hamburger helper. The shells will not remain intact and you're left with a taco you need to eat with a spork. The shell is not hard, or really soft, but it is relatively disgusting. I can't help but feel that Taco Bell should throw out the "Cantina" taco tortillas and transfer the seasoned meat into a good dish. To sum up the review, the Taco Bell Cantina Taco did not impress me. I do not recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment